Better payment practice (UK)
Here's some quick tips that will help us process your invoice as quickly as possible.
As part of BT’s phasing-out of paper invoices, it’s important that you start sending your invoices to us via email and not via post. Always make sure you are invoicing the correct billing entity and include the correct address.
BT PLC / Plusnet PLC / Openreach
Address: Accounts Payable, PO BOX 817, 1st Floor Brundrett Place, 1 Brundrett Street, Stockport, SK1 9DD
Tel: 0800 515 465
General Enquires: firstname.lastname@example.org
To send us an invoice: email@example.com
Note: invoices should be in PDF format, one per email.
Address: Accounts Payable, PO BOX 615, 555 Metroplex Business park, Salford, M5 0HL
EE Shops and Office Property related queries; firstname.lastname@example.org
Invoice related queries; email@example.com
Purchase Requisition or Purchase Order related queries; firstname.lastname@example.org
Supplier Master Data related queries; email@example.com
BT Energy Payments (Covers all Utilities)
Address: PO BOX 817,
1st Floor Brundrett Place,
1 Brundrett Street,
Address: PO BOX 317, Dartford, Kent, DA1 9EN
Tel: 01322 626 632
For other specialist BT units, invoices should continue to be directed as advised e.g. Property, rents & rates etc.
In addition you'll need to include the following information on your invoice:
- A valid BT/EE purchase order number
- Description of goods or services
- Supplier invoice number
- Relevant billing entity
- Accounts Payable address (see better payment practice)
- Where applicable VAT/Registration number
- Appropriate tax breakdown
- Remittance details
- Your contact details
Click here for government guidelines on this.
We won't be able to accept invoices with missing information so it's important to include all the relevant details to avoid any delays. We aim to process all correctly presented invoices within 5 days.
- Non-contracted suppliers are generally paid in 60 days, or if they’re an SME in 30 days after we receive a valid invoice.
- Contracted suppliers should speak to their BT procurement contact for specific terms.
On reaching the maturity date, we'll release the money from our account either weekly, fortnightly or monthly on a Monday, depending on your BT terms.
Our payment policy, remains as defined in 'The BT Way'. We're committed to ensuring that all of our dealings with suppliers are conducted in accordance with the principles of fair and ethical trading.
Where to send other/non-invoice 'paperwork'
Please don't send your non-invoice paperwork to the contacts listed above (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org). Any non-invoice paperwork – such as statements or legal correspondence – can also be sent via email to the following relevant mailbox:
- Northern Ireland water – email@example.com
- EE – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Damage – BTPlcclaims@dwf.law
- Statements – email@example.com
- Wayleaves – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal - email@example.com
- Vendors - firstname.lastname@example.org"